The monthly activity of verifying your roster and licenses ensures that associates in A status still hold an active license with the state and that the license is affiliated with your KW market center in good standing or triggers the removal of associates no longer licensed or in good standing with your KW market center.
The Pain Points (why is this important to you?):
- Roster Accuracy – this is the monthly process for ensuring that KW no longer claims associates who moved their license without telling us and are reporting internally and externally accurate agent counts
- Re-recruiting – this is a key activity for discovering when an associate has silently moved their license to another brokerage and opens the door for your re-recruiting
- MC compliance with the state and with KWRI – many states monitor our websites and assign fines when they discover agents listed who are not licensed with our market centers
The process for verifying your roster and licenses each month is simple and, for most of our market centers, doesn’t take much time. And as the Managing Broker / Broker-in-Charge is typically assigned this responsibility by the state real estate commission, this is a great opportunity for MCAs to involve their leadership team in some of the monthly transmittal preparation steps.
And this process is even faster in states where license changes with the commission must be approved by the brokers. However, we still have states where license changes are made by mail or simply do not involve the broker or market center in the notification system. This step each month is most valuable to the latter group of states.
Here’s what you’ll need to verify your roster and licenses:
- From WinMORE > Print > Reconciliation Reports > Associate List – when prompted, select only the A status associates.
- From your real estate commission online, print the list of your current licenses held by your market center, business centers, and IMAOs.
Then it’s literally a matter of setting these side-by-side and marking the names of associates who exist on only one of these lists. Those are the folks you’ll need to review.
Addressing the Mis-matches
For every associate who appears on your roster but not on the state’s licenses held list, you’ll either
- confirm their license transfer status and paperwork/process has been sent to the state and is in process
- change their status to PO to signify that they are not licensed with your market center
- or remove the associate and implement your market center’s protocol for reaching out to associates who leave for an exit interview.
For every associate who appears on the state’s list but are not on your roster, review their WinMORE entry:
- Is it in the wrong status? All associates on the state’s licenses held list must be in A status.
- Is there no entry in WinMORE? Check your Recruits applet, your onboarding paperwork in DocuSign.
- Has someone been recruiting this associate and forgot to update you?
- Do you need to enter them into WinMORE?
- Did they transfer from another KW without notifying anyone?
- If no one has heard of the associate, it’s a great opportunity for your Team Leader to reach out and recruit. After all, they’ve already hung their license with you!
Some regions require a roster and license verification form completed each month and submitted with transmittal reports to the region; this often includes a section for explaining why an associate might appear on one list and not the other. Check with your region to make sure you are up to date on your roster and license verification with them.