In Command MC, you are able to add recruits to the Recruit database one at a time or you can add a group of recruits by importing them instead. Using the import feature, you can use the blank Command MC Recruit Import Template, add any number of recruits along with any information you have for them, and import all at one time. You also have an option of utilizing the duplicate check feature to only add new recruits and leave the existing recruits alone, or you can choose to import and update existing recruits with new information.
- Click here to learn how to add a single recruit to the Recruit database.
It is recommended that you only import active recruits into the pipeline. Once you have established your Recruit Pipeline, you can then branch out and be purposeful about adding other potential recruits.
To learn how to import recruits into Command MC, follow these steps below:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. At the top of the page, click Command MC.
3. Click the Recruits icon, , on the left sidebar.
4. At the top right of the page, click the arrow next to "Import" and choose Import Recruits from the drop-down.
5. Download the import template by clicking Download Excel Template.
|The system will only reliably accept the Command MC Recruit Import Template that has come from Command. If you import using a different CSV file, you may see some fields pull in correctly, but you might see others pull in incorrectly or you might get an error message.|
6. Copy/paste or enter any information you have for each recruit, into the corresponding fields of the Command MC Recruit Import Template.
- To learn how to do this, click here.
Import Field Considerations
Name - each contact must have the First Name and Last Name field populated for the recruit to import.
Phone numbers - can be formatted in multiple ways, all of the following will work: 1234567899, (123) 456-7899, 123.456.7899 and 123-456-7899.
Address - the way that an address is entered on the Import Template is how it will be displayed in Command. If you use an abbreviation for a state name or the full name. Separate each piece of the address with a comma.
Dates - you must enter all dates using the following format: mm/dd/yyyy
For all Dates, you must format the cells to display as text fields (Excel and Numbers will take out the zeros otherwise).
Notes - there is a 2500 character limit for importing notes. If the note is longer than this, the entire import will fail. For these recruits, you will need to manually enter them into the applet.
Tags - we now have to ability to import tags. These tags have to already exist, so be sure to create the Recruit Tag in Command MC Settings, then import with each tag separated by a comma in the import file.
7. On the Import Recruits pop-up, drop the file into the space provided or click to browse for the file that you saved. Once the file is added, use the "Overwrite Existing Records" checkbox, below where you added the import file, to decide how you want the import to take affect in your recruit database:
If the checkbox is checked - in addition to importing new recruits, the system will look for matching recruits that have already been added to the database, and update/overwrite the information in the recruit card with any new information from the import file.
- In order for the system to detect matching recruits between the database and import file, the recruit must have matching first/last name, and either a matching phone number or email address. If the name is different on the import file and/or none of the contact information matches, the system will create a new recruit in the database.
- When overwriting, any tags you add to the import will be added in addition to the existing tags on the recruit. Any blank fields on the import will not overwrite populated fields on the recruit. The system will only overwrite the recruit with information added to the import file.
- If the checkbox is unchecked - the system will import new recruits and the built-in duplicate check will catch and reject any recruits on the import file, based on matching email address or phone number.
8. Click Submit, once you have selected the file and selected an overwrite option.
9. Click Done to close the window, Import More Contacts to import another file, or View Import Log to see the status of each imported record.
The import can be instant or take an hour or so, depending on the number of recruits you are importing.