There are several things to consider when an agent leaves KW or transfers to another Market Center. Both the MCA and the agent have tasks that need to be completed before the agent leaves. This will ensure that any transfers of contacts, opportunities and other data is completed seamlessly. The MCA should work with the agent to ensure that each of the following steps are completed, preventing potential issues in the future.
- To download the agent's responsibilities checklist, visit: Agent Offboarding Checklist for MCAs
- To download the MCA's responsibilities checklist, visit: MCAs Agent Offboarding Checklist
- Read the Agent Offboarding Timeline article for important best practices. This article explains which offboarding tasks occur automatically when you are deactivated in WinMORE, so it's important to review this first.
- Set your separation date with enough time to complete all items in the checklist.
- Work with your MCA to determine how any listings and opportunities that belong to the brokerage will be managed and transferred prior to departure, e.g. a listing lead that is still in the early stages but is owned by the brokerage. The following articles will walk you through your options:
a. Create an Opportunity
b. Add a Listing to an Opportunity
c. Transfer a listing to another agent in the KWLS
d. Mark an Opportunity as Lost or Archive an Opportunity
- Determine how you will communicate with the MCA and Market Center regarding ongoing transactions, including submitting compliance and other forms for deals that are in process, under contract, and actively moving through the pipeline.
- Create transactions in DocuSign or DotLoop for any opportunities that have not yet closed or will not close before the separation date.
a. Manage your Opportunities
- Work with your Team Leader and/or Rainmaker to reassign your open opportunities to another agent.
- Work with your Team Leader and/or Rainmaker to confirm which contacts you own and plan to export. Then, export your CRM database.
a. Export Contacts and Leads
b. Sync Your Contacts to Command Using PieSync
- Transfer ownership of all important documents and emails stored in the Google Drive and Gmail accounts that are tied to your @kw.com email address. You can use Google Takeout to make this easy.
- If your DocuSign account uses your @kw.com email address, go in and change the email address to another personal account that you have access to and can use to complete the transactions.
a. Change your DocuSign Email address
- It is recommended that you download all of your custom templates and marketing collateral from Designs. If you are deactivated before this happens, you will not be able to access Command to do so later.
a. Save, Download, and Share Your Marketing Designs
- Update all third-party accounts, like DotLoop, PieSync and Facebook, with a non-KW email address if they were initially set up with an @kw.com email. You may also need to set up and pay for individual memberships to these services if you were using the versions provided by KW.
a. Cancel your Twilio Subscription
- Go to Command Settings and disable all third-party connections, such as Twilio, PieSync, and DotLoop.
- Deactivate all active landing pages.
a. Deactivate a Landing Page
- Leave all KW Facebook Groups, as they are restricted to active KW associates.
- Confirm separation date and ensure agent is aware of upcoming deadlines and limitations, e.g. loss of access to KW email and G-Suite folders once they are marked as inactive.
- Ensure the agent has created transactions in Command and has shared those with either the TL, RM, MCA, or the designated person who will be working the opportunity through completion.
- Work with TL/RM to ensure that all contact and SOI data that belongs to the agent is either transferred back to the agent or is exported, with the exported document provided to the agent.
- Set up a communication plan with the agent and their team if applicable to complete and close out any remaining opportunities and transactions.
a. Create a Team Opportunity
b. Add Assignee to a Team Opportunity
- Determine how any compliance documents for an open opportunity will be submitted to the Market Center and Compliance Coordinator for processing.
a. Submit Compliance Documents to your Market Center for Approval
b. Create and Manage Custom Folders for Opportunities
- If the exiting agent has joined a dependent model PC (Productivity Coaching) program in the Market Center, the MCA, TL or Productivity Coach will want to confirm that the agent can no longer access and did not download (previously or currently) any consumer information owned by the Market Center.
- Enter an end date in WinMORE for the agent. This will be needed for agents transferring to another MC and for agents leaving KW.
a. Associate Entry- Adding or Transferring an Existing Associate
b. Deactivating and Associate leaving the Market Center
- Gather a list of the Facebook Groups the agent is a part of and have the agent leave the groups. Send a message to the Admins of those FB Groups alerting them that an agent has left KW so they can be removed from any Facebook Groups if the agent does not leave the group.