Only Regional Leaders with the ROP, ROM, and RD roles have access to view and manage sponsorship change requests, in Command MC.
Section 22.214.171.124.7 of the Policy & Guidelines Manual states: An associate is not allowed to change his/her mind about who they list as their sponsor once they submit a Binding Sponsorship Agreement.
Policy For Sponsorship Changes Due To Typographical or Clerical Error
If an individual’s sponsor has been entered into the Profit Sharing Program, it may be changed due to a typographical or clerical error as long as the error is corrected in the system within 90 calendar days of the date the individual originally joined Keller Williams Realty; the 90 calendar days begins on the KW Start Date recorded in the new associate's Command MC Associate Record.
Policy For Sponsorship Changes Due To Substitute/Temporary Sponsor Selection
Section 126.96.36.199.8 of the P&G states: Should an individual’s intended Permanent Sponsor be someone who is not currently affiliated with Keller Williams Realty, the individual must designate a Substitute (Temporary) Sponsor when they originally join the system. If the Permanent Sponsor joins Keller Williams Realty, within the ninety-day grace period from the individual’s start date, the individual’s Substitute Sponsor in the system may be changed using the same procedures as those for typographical errors as outlined in Section 188.8.131.52.7.
- There is a Substitute Sponsors Report in Command MC you can view to see all of the agents in the region who chose the "My Sponsor Intends to Join Within 90 Days" option, when completing the KW Joining Portal. Those associates have 90 days to submit a Sponsorship Change Request, or to have their Market Center submit a Sponsorship Change Request on their behalf.
In Command MC, instead of a Market Center emailing the region with these Sponsorship Change Requests, the process is now built into Command and Command MC. As Regional Leadership, you will need to use Command MC to review and manage (accept or reject) Sponsorship Change Requests:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click Command MC, at the top of the page.
3. If you have Regional and Market Center roles, click your name, at the top right of the page, and ensure the your regional profile is selected.
4. Click the Administration icon, , on the left side of the page.
5. Click the Sponsorship section, on the left side of the page, then select Corrections beneath.
When an agent or Market Center submits a Sponsorship Change Request, there are several approval steps that have to happen before the request is fully approved, including Regional Approval. There is also a waiting period, when an email is sent to the Substitute Sponsor that gives the opportunity for them to disagree with the change. While the approval process is happening, before you are able to approve/reject the request, you will see the request on this page with a Pending Status:
When a new request is submitted by an agent (or by an MC leader who needs another MC leader to approve), you will see a red circle next to the Sponsorship menu item, in the Admin applet. This shows the number of "Action Required" requests in the queue:
Once the request is ready for you to review, the status will change to be Action Required. You will also see a number of actionable requests waiting for approval, in a red circle, on the left side of the page, next to the Corrections menu item:
- There is no notification that goes out to Regional Leadership to alert to an "Action Required" request, so it's recommended to build a weekly or even daily habit around checking for these.
6. Once you are ready to review a request, click View Request, to the right of the status.
7. You can review the details, including agent information, who initiated the request, and who has approved at the Market Center level. Select either Approve or Reject, then click Save.
If you approve, the request will then be sent to KWRI, who will make the final decision, before the change can be made fully in the system.