When an associate has both sides of a transaction - is in agency agreement with both the seller and the buyer - the associate will
- create two separate opportunities in Command
- submit compliance separately for each side
- submit two commission requests - one for each side
This ensures that each contact's record is complete for future interactions and business.
The market center will
- accept and import the Listing side commission request to create the DA
- on Page 1 of the DA - update the Type from L to B for Both Sides and enter the buyer information at the bottom
- on Page 2 of the DA - enter 2 units and enter separate commission entries for the listing and selling commissions; if separate checks or wired deposits are received, be sure to enter separate check amounts as well
- add the associate for the listing side and account for 1 unit and the listing side commission only
- add the associate for the selling side and account for 1 unit and the selling side commission only
In this way, the market center correctly records that the associate held agency for both sides/clients of the transaction so that the correct closed, listing, and sales metrics are reported for KWRI awards, market center awards, and Real Trends awards.
Don't forget to address the selling side commission request: simply set the status to Open and add the draft or final DA to the Opportunity for the associate's records.