Whether in an emergency and needing to take WinMORE off-site from your market center, or decommissioning an older server, the process to move WinMORE is pretty straight forward.
- Ensure all users have closed WinMORE on their computers.
- ON the MCA Computer: Make add a WinMORE3 folder on your C Drive.
- If you already have a c:\WinMORE3 folder, rename the folder to c:\WinMORE3_old, then create your new c:\WinMORE3 folder.
- Copy the entire contents of the WinMORE3 folder from the server and place them in the newly created MCA computer WinMORE3 folder. (If you can't connect directly with the server, then you can copy the folder first to an external drive or flash drive, then from the external source copy to your MCA Computer)
- On the MCA computer, locate the REVPARAM file in the WinMORE3 folder. Delete just this file. (This file is what connects to the multi user drivers and is not necessary when installed on the MCA computer only.)
- Ensure that your accounting software is available:
- For US and Quebec: Ensure Accountedge and your Accountedge Data file (.myo) are on your MCA computer and not on the server.
- For Lonewolf: Ensure Lonewolf is available. If you have a cloud account make sure you can access that from your off-site network. If you have it on your server, consult Lonewolf on moving from your server to your MCA computer.
NOTE: When you are ready to start using your Server and Multi User WinMORE, please follow the instructions in the installation section here to move your files back to the server.
REMINDER: Multi User Mode is not supported on a peer to peer network, so you cannot share the folder from the MCA computer for other users to access WinMORE. After moving it to the MCA computer, you can only use WinMORE as a single user installation.