IDENTIFY ROYALTY EXCEPTIONS
REPORT: WinMORE > Month-End > End of Month Reports > Royalty Exceptions
The royalty exceptions report was designed to detect three types of exceptions:
- Individual’s Royalty cap is not the same Royalty cap that is set for most agents in the MC.
- Individual has received KW Anniversary GCI exceeding their Royalty cap but their Royalty Base total is a lesser amount
- Individual has received KW Anniversary GCI less than their Royalty cap but their Royalty Base is less than their KW Anniversary GCI
Commissions are totaled for each agent by summing all commissions paid in their year to date anniversary period.
If there are data entry errors at the MC level, this report will highlight that fact. Errors could mean that the MC will pay less Royalty to KWRI/Region than is owed.
RESOLVING ROYALTY EXCEPTIONS
- Whenever an associate shows on your report, the best report to run is the Anniversary Royalty DA List (royalty only) with details.
- Click here to see directions on how to pull the report.
- Always look for a difference in Total Royalty and Agent Royalty
- There should be zero exceptions on your Royalty Exceptions Report at the end of the month.
- NOTE: Some exceptions will require a Franchise Royalty Adjustment. If you question whether or not you need an adjustment, please send the required documents to MCASupport@kw.com. See this article for the required documents.
- Resolve the exception by going to the associate's record in WinMORE, click on the Commissions tab, and enter an explanation in the Royalty Explanation box. Save the record, and the exception will come off of your royalty exceptions report.