Each Market Center needs to have a Team Policy. The Team Policy is unique to each Market Center, and should be in place as soon as a Market Center launches. Work with your Team Leader and Operating Principal to develop or change your Team Policy.
Using the most recent Policy & Guidelines Manual (updated yearly after Family Reunion) locate Addendum K. It reads:
Due to federal anti-trust laws, Keller Williams Realty International does not establish any
guidelines to be followed in determining the commission structures of teams and/or
groups of sales associates compared to that of an individual sales associate. The Market
Center Operating Principal/Broker will establish guidelines for each of their business
Things to consider in your Team Policy:
- Will any members of a team possibly have a company dollar cap amount that is different than your Market Center's standard cap?
- Even if a team member has a reduced company dollar cap, they are responsible for the full royalty cap. Royalty is never waived.
- What happens to an individual's company dollar cap when they join a team in the middle of their company dollar anniversary year?
- What happens to a team member's cap if they leave a team in the middle of their company dollar anniversary year?
- Will your Market Center allow Team Caps?
- How will you track changes to teams in the Market Center?
- How will you administer Husband/Wife teams?