** This article is for troubleshooting purposes for existing installs of this program. The program is no longer available for install. Please click here to learn about KWAR2 **
KW AR is meant to invoice agents based on information contained in a spreadsheet. All the agents being billed must exist in your AccountEdge Card file and the Card IDs for those agents must match the ID (column C) contained in the spreadsheet. All Item Numbers specified in the column name must exist exactly as they appear in your AccountEdge Items. Additionally, you must have your SMTP (outgoing) e-mail server information.
There are 4 steps to using the KW AR:
- Process the AR Spreadsheet
- View and change invoices
- Send invoices
- Generate an AccountEdge Import
Step 1: Process the AR Spreadsheet
To process the AR Spreadsheet, you will:
- Open the KW AR
- Select input files
- Enter invoice information
- Set the starting invoice number
- Set the job number
- Enter the email settings
- Process the spreadsheet
1) Open the KW AR
- To open the KW AR, double click the KW AR icon on your desktop.
- The KW AR appears.
2) Select Input Files
To select input files for the KW AR:
- To the right of the “AR Spreadsheet in CSV Format*” field, click Browse. Find the spreadsheet in CSV format that you saved. This file is required.
- To the right of the “AccountEdge Card File Export*” field, click Browse. Find the CUST.TXT that you saved in the same folder as the AR Spreadsheet in CSV. This file is required.
- To the right of the “AccountEdge Item Export” field, click Browse. Find the ITEM.TXT that you saved in the same folder as the AR Spreadsheet in CSV. This file is suggested, but not required.
- Under the text Card List Summary there is a text box with a button labeled Browse next to it. Click the button. Find the file named Card File Summary.txt that you saved in Section 1.2.2. This file is NOT required but suggested if you wish to automatically credit your agents for any credits they may be entitled to receive.
3) Enter Invoice Information
- In the “Invoice From” box, enter the appropriate address and email information for your Market Center. The “Address Line 1*” and “Email*” fields are required.
- In the “Subject” field, enter the text that you wish to appear in the Subject section of the invoices that will be emailed out. This text appears on every invoice.
- In the “Email Invoice Text” box, enter the text that you wish to appear before the Invoice in the body of the email message. This text appears on every invoice.
4) Set the Starting Invoice Number
- In the “Starting Invoice # *” field, enter the starting number for invoices that will be generated. This number appears on the emailed invoice as AR + the invoice number. This Invoice number also appears in AccountEdge.
5) Set the Job Number
- The AccountEdge Job Number that you entered in AccountEdge Items for Section 1:
- Preparing to Use the KW AR, follows the following format:
- The month in two digits + The number from column A of the billing spreadsheet + The year in two digits.
- In the “Job Number Setup *” field, you can enter a different month and year but it will default to the current Month and Year.
6) Enter the Email Settings
In the box Email Setup enter the following details:
- Server: This is your SMTP (outgoing) server name. It must be valid.
- Username: If your outgoing e-mail server requires authentication, this field is required and is provided by your Internet Service Provider.
- Password: If your outgoing e-mail server requires authentication, this field is required and is provided by your Internet Service Provider.
7) Process the Spreadsheet
After you have completed the setup of KW AR by entering text into all the necessary fields, click the Process AR Spreadsheet button at the bottom of the window.
If you have not entered some piece of required information you will be informed by alerts. You cannot continue until you resolve all pending issues.
All associates being billed through AR Import must have an email address entered in their AccountEdge Customer Card files.
If you get an error message that some customers don't have ID's, the ID either doesn't match exactly (for example leading zeros on the ID will get dropped in Excel) OR updates were made and the CUST.txt file was not updated. If that window appears and it is blank, you have rows at the bottom of the list with data (Rows with totals are the most common issue). Remove any rows at the bottom of your invoice list that have data, but not billing information.
Tip: If you are using the 4 digit MORE ID and it starts with a 0. Add a 1 to the front and make it five digits since Excel will drop the leading 0. (Make sure to update both the spreadsheet and AccountEdge and export the Cust.txt File)
The AR Import does not print invoices, so if you have need to print you must print the invoice from AccountEdge. If you have resolved all errors that occur, you will be informed that processing of the AR spreadsheet was successful.
Step 2: View and Change Invoices (Optional)
- If you would like to double check or add billing items to an invoice that did not fit into the spreadsheet well (e.g. reimbursements, credits . . .), then click the View Invoices button at the bottom of the KW AR screen.
- After clicking the View Invoices button, find the line (sorted by Name) that corresponds to the invoice that you wish to edit and double-click on it.
- The Associate’s invoice detail window appears.
- To add an item: Select an Item Number from the drop down box. Enter a description in the “Description” field and the amount in the “Amount” field. If you want to enter a quantity instead of an amount, enter the quantity in parenthesis following the description. For example, in the “Description” field, enter Color Copies (20) and in the “Amount” field enter the amount per copy. When you are finished, click the Add button. Click OK.
- To edit an item: To edit an invoice line item, you must select the line item that you wish to edit. Change any information and then click add. The old line will still exist so select that item from the list and then click Delete. Click OK.
- To delete an item: To delete an invoice line item, you must select the line item that you wish to delete. After you have selected the item, click Delete.
Step 3: Send Invoices
To send invoices, click the Send Invoices button at the bottom of the KW AR screen. If you have entered your Outgoing Server information correctly, the email invoices will be sent. You will receive an error if it was not possible to send the emails because of incorrect server information.
If some invoices are not sent, the email account you are using may have limits on how many can be sent within a given time frame. Wait for at least 15 minutes, then go to view unsent and send again. You may have to do this multiple times. (You might also consider breaking up your CSV billing file into multiple groups of a set amount below your email account limit and process each separately)
Note: Do not press Send Invoices twice or else your agents will be billed twice.
If you get a message that KWAR cannot connect to the server, double check the password you are using. If you have two factor authentication turned on (recommended) see the troubleshooting steps here.
Step 4: Generate an AccountEdge Import
After you have sent your Invoices, click the Generate Import button at the bottom of the KW AR screen. The file for importing sales into AccountEdge will be located in the same location as the AR Spreadsheet in CSV file. This file is named SALEITEM.TXT.
- Open AccountEdge.
- Click File in the upper left hand corner of your AccountEdge window.
- Click Import Data.
- Click Sales.
- Click Items Sales.
- Set Import File Format to Tab-delimited.
- Set First Record to Header Record.
- Set Duplicate Records to Reject Them.
- Click Continue.
- Locate the SALEITEM.TXT file and click Open.
- Click the Match All button.
- Click the Import button.
You will receive a message regarding the number of records without errors, records skipped, and records imported with warnings. It is acceptable for records to be imported with warnings but not if they are skipped.
Note: If you cannot find the SALEITEM.txt file, please click here for troubleshooting steps.
Note: The most likely error that you will receive when you are importing the item sales into AccountEdge is that items were skipped. This is usually a result of items not being correctly entered in the spreadsheet. You can ensure this is the case by checking the file named AccountEdgeLOG.TXT located in the same place as your AccountEdge company file. Errors are located at the bottom.