- Licensed Associates are entered into WinMORE when their licenses become active with your Market Center.
- Non-Licensed Associates or Market Center staff members are entered when they join the Market Center.
NOTE: Please review the current year’s KW Policies & Guidelines Manual for a list of who can be entered into WinMORE and participate in the KW Profit Share program. If several of your associates are incorporated together, each one is entered separately.
Before you enter an associate’s record you must have:
- Associate’s license. The associate’s license must be transferred and accepted by your Market Center’s broker prior to entering their information into WinMORE. Be sure to check with the state regulations of your Market Center.
- Direct deposit information. This information will only be used to deposit Profit Share into your associate’s account. If you have an associate who is concerned about giving you their information, you may want to recommend that they set up a bank account just for Profit Share. The direct deposit form can be found on here on KWConnect (Or search direct deposit)
NOTE: You cannot save an associate record without direct deposit information and you cannot use an inaccurate account number.
- Accurate tax information. An IRS Form W-9 should be collected from each associate. Market Centers are responsible for sending an IRS Form 1099 to each associate on commissions paid during the year. WinMORE produces the associate’s 1099 at year-end and all IRS 1099 requirements must be followed.
- Binding Sponsorship Agreement (BSA). It must be completed and signed. (Printed from WinMORE). The BSA must be printed from WinMORE for each associate joining. Printing them ahead of time can result in using out of date forms. See Printing the Binding Sponsorship Agreement.
- Independent Contractor Agreement. It must be completed and signed.
Verify the Names and Tax IDs of Your Associates
If you have subscribed to a 1099 online service, that service may also include the ability to verify that the name given matches the Tax Identification Number given to you. If it does not match, stop and confirm information with the Associate joining your market center. Tax ID mismatches can cost your market center in terms of fines. Verify this key information so Associates input into WinMORE are set up correctly the first time.
The IRS has a quick and free service that businesses can use to verify the names and tax IDs of recipients. Keller Williams Realty encourages all Market Centers to register for this service and to use it to verify the corresponding information your associates give you.
To register for this service, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to www.irs.gov. and search for e Services. Follow the IRS process to register to use this service.
- Use the portal to determine if a name and SSN (or company name and EIN) is a match. The system will only tell you if the input is a match or not. If the input information is not a match, you should request correct information from the associate.
Next: Search for an Associate