|In an Associate transfer situation, please consult the KWRI Policies & Guidelines 22.214.171.124 Transferring regarding the cap amount owed to the originating market center from the receiving market center.
The tracking system described in Tracking Caps Across Multiple Market Centers will facilitate confirmation of
The process for transferring an agent from one office to another, dual affiliating associates, and receiving a returning associate is as follows (launching Market Centers will need to follow the instructions found here):
Associate's Originating Office:
The MCA of the associate's originating Market Center will send the following four documents to the new office MCA:
- Anniversary DA List (for updating CO$ if appropriate)
- Royalty Anniversary Report (detail, not summary - for updating royalty base if appropriate)
- Associate's Pending Closings
- Screenshot of the associate's Luxury Status
The MCA of the originating Market Center then needs to set the associate to Unlicensed Associate Status, in Command MC Associates (check first with the new Market Center to ensure they have been added to the new Market Center and are ready to be activated with the Agent Status).
- The new Market Center can't activate them as an agent, with the same license information, until the old Market Center sets the associate to Unlicensed Associate Status.
- If the agent is dual licensed and will enter separate license information in the new Market Center, this doesn't apply.
The associate should remain dual affiliated until all pending closings at the sending Market Center are completed; then the MCA will remove the associate from the Market Center.
Associate's New Office:
The new Market Center adds the associate to the Market Center, and then might need to activate as an agent (and maybe edit their production status (set to Licensed Admin Agent (AO) or Licensed Referral Only (AR)). This includes the following:
- Collect all standard local onboarding documentation, to include ICA, W9, Profit Share ACH Form, Commission ACH Form, Coaching Agreement, and other documentation and authorizations specific to your market center. Be sure that you receive the associate's BSA, DA List, Royalty Anniversary list, pending closings, and luxury status qualifications from the sending market center.
- Manually calculate and enter the remaining company dollar owed by the associate - use the DA list provided by the sending Market Center.
- Manually calculate and enter the remaining royalty base cap owed by the associate - use the royalty anniversary report with detail. The formula is $50,000 minus the Royalty Base Total on the transferring market center's report. For example, if the total at the bottom of the Royalty Base column shows $23,587.41, then you'll calculate $50,000 minus $23,587.41 = $26,412.59. You will enter $26,412.59 into the royalty base CAP field (first column only) in the associate's WinMORE > Commission tab.
- Approve the associate's luxury status or request an exception to ensure the associate retains their luxury status.
- Set up Tracking Caps Across Multiple Market Centers if the associate still have pending closings in the sending market center - this is necessary to ensure the associate does not overpay royalty.
Handling Caps for Transferred Associates:
Special care must be taken to ensure that an associate that transfers market centers does not pay more than their cap amount between what is paid in both market centers. Initially the cap is set to only collect the amount remaining on their cap. As transactions occur, the cap needs to be updated in both market centers.
Click here for instructions on tracking and updating caps.