Section188.8.131.52.7 of the Policy & Guidelines Manual states: An associate is not allowed to change his/her mind about who they list as their sponsor once they submit a Binding Sponsorship Agreement. However, if an individual’s sponsor has been entered into the Profit Sharing Program, it may be changed due to a typographical or clerical error as long as the error is corrected in the system within 90 days of the date the individual originally joined Keller Williams Realty.
Section 184.108.40.206.8 of the P&G states: Should an individual’s intended Permanent Sponsor be someone who is not currently affiliated with Keller Williams Realty, the individual must designate a Substitute Sponsor when they originally join the system. If the Permanent Sponsor joins Keller Williams Realty, within the ninety-day grace period from the individual’s start date, the individual’s Substitute Sponsor in the system may be changed using the same procedures as those for typographical errors as outlined in Section 220.127.116.11.7.
The Sponsor Correction Form can't be printed until the Permanent sponsor has gone through:
- Transmittal and
- AA download, in that order.
If this puts the change over the 90 day limit, the MCA should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying KWRI that the permanent sponsor has joined but the change form can't yet be printed. This email will serve as the notification required by the P&G Guidelines. Once the permanent sponsor has been through those events (transmittal and an AA Download), please reply back to the original email to let us know you need to print a sponsor correction form. A passcode will be sent to you to print the sponsor error correction form.
Sponsor Correction Form Process
When an associate qualifies to have their sponsor changed, it can be updated in WinMORE ONLY if the associate record has not been transmitted. After the record has been transmitted you must go through the Sponsor Correction Form process.
- go to Print > Associate Reports > Sponsor Error Correction Form.
- Enter the 4 digit MORE ID for the associate whose sponsor you are changing.
- Enter the full MORE ID of the new sponsor.
- Print the form
- The form will need to be fully signed and emailed to the email address noted on the form.
The sponsor change will take effect in a subsequent All Associate Download, no other action is required on behalf of the MCA.
The sponsorship passcode is only needed after the 90 day period has elapsed. An associate's 90-day period begins on their start date. The passcode enables the Market Center to print the sponsorship change form. The MC can print the form up until the 90th day without a passcode. On the 91st day a passcode is needed. A passcode is only given when a form cannot be printed because we are waiting on the true sponsor to be added to the agents table. An associate must go through one transmittal and one AA Download (in that order) before they are added to the agents table. KWRI must be notified through MCASupport@kw.com before the 90-day period ends of the change that needs to be made or a passcode will not be given, and the change cannot be made.
Change of Sponsorship When Returning to the Market Center or Joining Another Market Center After a Nine-Month Absence (Non-Vested)
Section 18.104.22.168.9 of the P&G Manual states:
- Individuals moving from one Keller Williams Realty Market Center to another, individuals who go to work as an assistant or member of another associate’s team or group, and individuals who leave Keller Williams Realty for a period of time and later return, all keep their original sponsors unless they are away from the Keller Williams Realty organization for at least nine (9) months.
- Upon their return to Keller Williams Realty, after the minimum nine-month period, they may then choose a different sponsor provided they were not already vested at the time of their departure.
- NOTE: Once an individual is vested in the Profit Sharing Program, their sponsorship cannot be changed.