If the name of the custom forms folder is renamed, or you move the location of the folder, Accountedge will notify you it cant’ find the folder and request you browse to the correct location.
If in the Company Data Auditor it is reporting the custom forms folder as a location other than where you want it to point, you will follow the below process:
- First determine the current custom folders location:
- In the Company File, Click on the Accounts > Company Data Auditor
- Click on the link for Custom Forms, etc. to open the link in a Explore window
- Leave the Explore window; go back to AccountEdge · Quit AccountEdge
You now know the location where Accountedge is looking for the forms. If this is the proper folder, you just need it in a different location, then move the folder to the desired location and follow the below steps. If it is looking in the wrong location and the files are already in the desired location you will need to rename the current location folder temporarily to force Accountedge to allow you to search for the proper location.
Rename the location, then follow the below steps. Once completed rename the folder back to it’s original name.
- Redirecting Accountedge Custom Folder: ·
- Launch AccountEdge and open your company .MYO file. If that has moved with your custom forms, navigate to the proper location and open the file.
- AccountEdge will ask to Browse for an existing Custom Forms folder
- Accountedge should now alert you that the custom folder location can not be found.
- Select Browse and navigate to desired location of the custom folders, and select the folder.