Whether you are recovering files from a crashed computer, or copying files from an old computer to a new computer, here is the general setup for the MCA software when you have a server with Multi User WinMORE installed.
Software that you should concern yourself with includes (but is not limited to): WinMORE, AccountEdge, My Documents, and Microsoft Office. See also the MCA Technical Requirements for more details (found on answers.kw.com).
Preparation/Copy files from old Computer:
- Clean up the old computer – moving all stray files from misc directories or the desktop to the folder where they belong.
- Create a folder on your external hard drive called “To be moved”.
- Copy and paste the “My Documents” folder to the “To be moved” folder.
- Create an “Accountedge Files” folder in the “To be moved” folder.
- Copy all c:\AccountedgePro2016\*.MYO files from old to new computer (i.e. KWR_MCxxx.MYO, 2013KWR_MCxxx.MYO, 2012KWR_MCxxx.MYO, etc.).
- AccountEdge Old Versions: it would be wise to copy/paste the *.myo files from any other years (if you still have them) from the old to the new computer...who knows when/if you might need to update one of the old company data files again for some reason. It's a good backup in any event.
- Note: If you are using multi user version of Accountedge then determine the location of the .MYO shared location. If those files are shared from the MCA computer, follow the steps above. If they are stored on the server, then you will not need to copy them, you will just point to them when you access the files after installing Accountedge on the new computer.
- Create a folder within the “To Be Moved” folder called “AccountEdge Extras.” Copy the Forms folder from your old computer.
- In AccountEdge, select “Help” and “Registration” and print the screen. This will have your serial number on it. Click “Deactivate.” That is so you can use this number to re-install and register your software on your new computer.
- Click Start, Control Panel, and “Add/Remove Programs.” Go through the list of programs, making a list of programs to install on the new computer. Make sure you include your PDF writer, as well as KWAR.
Installation / Setup of New Computer:
NOTE: THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT: INSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE BEFORE YOU INSTALL ACCOUNTEDGE. The order of installation should be: Microsoft Office, AccountEdge, WinMORE, then any other programs you use.
- Ensure that you are an administrator on your new computer.
- Set user account controls to the lowest setting.
- Install Microsoft Office - must be installed in 32 bit in order to communicate with Accountedge.
- Install Accountedge:
- Install program to new computer using the link on KWConnect – Memberships - MCA – MC Software.
- Restore all c:\AccountedgePro2016\*.MYO files from “to be moved folder” to new computer (i.e. KWR_MCxxx.MYO, 2008KWR_MCxxx.MYO, 2007KWR_MCxxx.MYO, etc.).
- Register your copy of Accountedge using the information you printed in step 9 of preparation.
Note: If you have any of the above folders installed to your server, no need to copy since nothing is changing on server.
- Connect to WinMORE: Follow the steps in the attached guide under "Mapping the Network Drive on each Workstation".
- Email messages (if MCA archives messages) - move Outlook PST files from old to new computer.
- Place an exclusion in your Antivirus software for the WinMORE3 folder.
- Ensure that Internet Explorer is your default web browser. You can use any browser for internet searches and daily use, but Internet Explorer must be the default for WinMORE to communicate with KW properly.
- In Internet Explorer make sure KW.com is listed in the Compatibility View Settings.
For instructions on setting up WinMORE Multi-User, please review attachment below: