The following advice applies only to Market Centers which have NOT yet provided EOY financial reports to the Market Center’s CPA and have NOT completed the December bank reconciliation.
- Complete the December bank reconciliation in the current fiscal year AccountEdge data file.
- Enter January 1 as the bank statement date.
- If you do not have any bank reconciliation adjustments, complete the December bank reconciliation per the instructions found under AccountEdge – Bank Reconciliation Monthly.
- Make sure to place a note on the bank reconciliation report that the bank reconciliation is for December in the prior year.
- Give a copy of the December bank reconciliation report to your operating principal and CPA.
If you do need to enter bank reconciliation adjustments, consult with your CPA on how to proceed.
- If the adjustments are not material, the CPA may advise you to not make changes in your prior fiscal year data, and simply enter the adjustments in your current fiscal year data.
- If the adjustments are material, and the CPA requires the adjustments to be made, contact MCASupport@kw.com for assistance.