There are times where you may want to be able to sort or otherwise use the data from WinMORE reports. You can do this in excel by printing the report to a file and then importing to Excel.
Follow the instructions below.
- Choose the report you want to print.
- On the Print Confirmation window choose to send the report to a file (For Ad Hoc Reports you select File, then click Go)
- The report will open as a notepad document. Save the document.
- Open Excel, and click File, Open and then navigate to the folder where you saved your report.
- Under File type, select All Files.
- Select the text document and click Open
- Step 1 of the Import Wizard. - Select Fixed Width for the file format. Click Next
- Step 2 of the Import Wizard - Excel has guessed at your column widths.
- You can use the scroll bars to move the view up/down or left/right to see how the data lines up with the column dividers. You can click twice to remove a column marker
- Click to hold and drag to another location to move a column marker
- Click where you want to add another line column marker.
- When you have your columns where you want them, click next
- Step 3 of the import wizard lets you select the format of each column.
- For any column that has numbers with leading zeros (Zip codes, EIN or SSN numbers, etc) select text as the column type or you will lose the leading zeroes when interpreted as a number.
- Click the Finish button.
Now you can format the document in Excel. Make sure to save the document as an Excel file before closing it.