In AccountEdge, you may set up monthly, quarterly, and annual Sales, Purchase, and Journal Entry transactions to ensure that all regularly occurring transactions occur on schedule.
Create a Recurring Transaction
To create a recurring transaction in AccountEdge, follow these steps:
- Click the "Save as Recurring" button in the lower left of any transaction window (typically a Sales Invoice, Purchase Invoice, or Journal Entry)
- Select the Frequency and number of times (good for a 12-month depreciation or amortization entry) or no end date
- Select the Alert to be notified to enter the transaction or have it automatically post on a certain day of the month
- Select other details as useful to you
- Click Save
You can easily edit any Recurring Transaction, so don't worry if you made a mistake or forgot something on the first try.
Delete a Recurring Transaction
When you cancel a particular service or change providers, you will want to delete the recurring transaction to prevent you from paying it accidentally.
To delete a recurring transaction in AccountEdge, follow these steps:
- Click List on the top toolbar
- Click Recurring Transactions
- Select the transaction you want to delete
- Click Delete
- Click OK
See also the AccountEdge Knowledge Base guide on Recurring Transactions.