To export 1099 data for use in a 1099 forms Vendor/Software:
- Click "Year End - Convey Export".
- Click Yes when presented with the following message: A window will pop up. It will say, "The File MDAT\SEND\TIN_450.TXT will be created. Do you wish to proceed?"
(the name of the file includes the MC# and this example is for MC 450.)
- The file is saved to the \WINMORE3\MDAT\SEND folder where it can be imported for processing.
Converting WinMORE txt File to xls for Import
- Open Excel program
- Click on open
- Browse to winmore3/mdat/send and click on the txt_# file
- At the bottom of the box (files of type) change that to “text files”
- Click on your txt_# file
- Click open
- A text import window opens
- Click next
- Change delimiters to “comma” and click next
- Change “column data format” to "text”
NOTE: If you do not set the column to be text, any leading 0's in a TIN or Zip code will be removed.
- Click finish
An Excel spreadsheet opens
- Right click in cell A1 and click “insert”
- Click “entire row”
- Type the headers making sure to have no spaces in the headers (see the headers below)
- Save as Excel 97-2003 workbook and save it in your winmore3/mdat/send folder
The file should then be ready to use as a XLS file.
Headers: Account, TIN, TIN_TYPE, Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Commissions