When WinMORE freezes or shuts down unexpectedly, it signifies that either WinMORE has lost access to the files it needs to complete a task, or your index files are corrupt. When this happens, we would like you to use the following steps to ensure we can assist you quickly.
- Tell us when the issue is occurring. If you are not sure, and it seems to randomly shut down, start recording what you are doing in the software when it happens. You will most likely see a pattern. Here are some examples:
- Freezes or shuts down when I click to go from Part 1 to Part 2 of a DA.
- Freezes or shuts down when I click the save button on an associate record.
- Freezes or shuts down when I save a co-broker.
- Run a file verify in WinMORE by going to Setup > Verify System and Data Files.
- Send us a screenshot of the result of the file verification and a description of when the issue is occurring.
We will need to log on with you to apply a fix to your corrupt index files.