1. We have a form setup for you to request any new MLS listing feeds to Keller Cloud, that your new MAO might need.
- Click here to access the MLS Setup Google Form.
2. Set Up the ListHub Connector(s):
Your Market Center must have a ListHub KW Connector account set up for each MLS you want ListHub to pull listings from.
- Click here for more information on these Connector accounts and contact information to set one up.
- Click here for listing feed troubleshooting tips.
Step 1 - Agent Onboarding
1. Transfer Licenses (optional):
2. Complete Binding Sponsorship Agreements:
Print the Binding Sponsorship Agreement from WinMORE for each associate joining on the day they join.
- Click here to learn more about sponsorship and profit share.
Binding Sponsorship Agreements are only signed if the agent has never been entered into the Keller Williams system, or is returning after an absence of 9 months, and was not vested at the time they left the company.
3. Have all joining associates sign Independent Contractor Agreements with their managing Broker.
- Click here to access the associate records overview, where you can learn more about Independent Contractor Agreements.
4. Enter Associates into WinMORE.
- Enter the owner of the MAO into WinMORE with a status of A - TM.
- Enter team members into WinMORE with a status of A - TA.
If commissions will be paid by the MAO directly, enter the employer identification number (EIN) of the MAO entity in the commission tab of each MAO associate’s WinMORE record. This will help you avoid needing to make adjustments to 1099s at the end of the year.
5. Set-up Agent Billing.
Before setting up agent billing, determine the method by which you will bill agents that are part of the MAO by answering the following questions:
- Royalty: Will royalty be paid in advance/equal installments for each agent, or billed monthly?
- Royalty is owed by each associate regardless of their status as an associate of the Market Center or of an MAO.
- Company Dollar: Will Company Dollar be paid in advance/equal installments, or will agent caps be tracked and billed monthly?
- Monthly Agent Fees: Will agent fees such as consortium, eEdge, E&O, etc. be paid monthly by the MAO owner or will the individual agents be billed by the Market Center?
6. Add Whitepages MLS IDs for all associates.
- Click here to learn how to add or edit the Agent MLS ID in White Pages.
Step 2 - Broker and Teams
1. If the MAO will be its own entity, therefore paying associates in the MAO directly instead of commissions running through the market center, you will need to add the Compliance Coordinator role to the Managing Broker/Broker in Charge of the MAO.
- Click here to learn how to add the Compliance Coordinator role to an associate.
- Click here to access compliance training, which you can share with the new Compliance Coordinator.
2. Now you will need to setup the actual team in the system.
- Click here to learn how to set up a team profile in the Teams Administration Tool:
3. If this is an expansion team, find the Team ID, in the Team Administration Tool, and email it to Expansion@kw.com.
If you are setting up an MAO, do not complete this step.
- Click here to learn how to find the Team ID in the Team Administration tool.
Step 3 - Training
Get your new associates up to speed with the following resources:
1. Introduction to Command:
2. Agent compliance training:
3. Create Agent Sites:
4. Don't forget to leverage your traditional Market Center onboarding process and plug the new associates into your training calendar.
5. Have your new associates download Kelle:
Step 4 - Accounting
MAOs are treated the same as a business center, follow the steps below to accurately account for the income and expenses running through your MAO:
1. Set up an MAO job code:
2. Track revenue and expenses:
3. Create monthly reports from AccountEdge: