Each Keller Williams agent has the ability to create a Google account when they first come on board with an @kw.com domain. The account is a KW branded Google account, branded to KW, which will include the core Google apps like Gmail, Drive, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, and much more. The account also comes with unlimited storage capacity in Google Drive. To set up a new associate's kw.com email, schedule an appointment and walk the new associate through selecting their kw.com email account using the steps below:
1. Log on to http://mykw.kw.com, then hover over the "Technology" tab at the top of the page, and select KW Email from the drop down.
2. Click Sign Up.
3. Select the email address you want to use:
You first want to choose the required domain from the drop-down list. In most cases, you will choose @KW.com or the KW World Wide region specific domain, but there are edge cases where there are further options.
Once the domain is chosen, you will see a list of automatically generated email addresses you can choose from. You can choose one of these, or you can click on I'd like to choose a different email address and type in the email address that you would like to use.
- If you select from the automatically generated list of addresses, your email address will be auto-approved, and will be ready for instant use, once created
- If you opt to type out a custom address, it usually takes around 1 business day for it to be approved and ready for you to use.
If you chose the "I'd like to choose a different email address" option, type out the address you want to use, then select the domain after the @ symbol.
4. Once you select or enter the email address, enter the Password you want to use for this email, when logging in to Gmail.com, Confirm the Password, then enter a KW Password Recovery Email (for your KW login). Click Create Email when ready.
- Your email password must be between 8 and 20 characters and must consist of at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number.
- For the KW Password Recovery Email, enter a personal, non-KW email address. This is where you will receive password reset links when locked out of your account. Failure to do so will require contacting Support, which may delay urgent access needs outside business hours. Your Recovery Email should be one that you personally own and will have access to in the future.
Please be aware that you will not receive a direct confirmation from KW advising that your request was approved or denied. Emails are usually approved after 1 business day. To find out if your account was approved you can follow the first 2 steps of the sign-up process in order to determine the approval status of your request. The address request box will no longer be there. It will be replaced with a confirmation or denial message. The image below shows what this page will look like before and after your email address is approved:
Once the email address is approved, you can then sign in to your account at Gmail.com.